The Moviehouse is a classically designed building with an imposing clock tower sitting atop Main Street, Millerton. Built in 1903 as Grange # 796 it was converted to a movie theater soon after. Over the next 100 years the theater evolved until it was purchased in the 70s by its present owners. After an extensive restoration it was reopened as The Moviehouse in 1978 and since then has become a much beloved theater and cultural landmark. It draws a fiercely loyal audience from NY, CT & MA. One of the largest independent cinemas in the Hudson Valley, it has 4 theaters with a 500 seat capacity. State of the art equipment including satellites bring Event Cinema like NT and Met Opera Live to the region. It also has a cafe and gallery space. An exciting opportunity for the next steward to continue the legacy or unfold a new bold vision to take the magic of big screen cinema to the next level. Less than 10 min from Salisbury, CT and 35 min from Hudson, Rhinebeck and Great Barrington, MA.